Sunday 23 March 2014

Manga That Almost Made Me Cry

Konbanwa Mina-san!

First I wanted to apologise for the lack of posts yesterday, I've been quite busy and didn't have time to write so I decided to wait for today rather than giving you a half baked post. 

Now moving on, what is the saddest manga to you? I've been asked this question by King Aki a few days ago and after going through some old manga that I completed, I might have found the answer. Here is a list of manga, or at least moments in a manga which I found tear jerking and almost made me cry, please enjoy ^^


Cross Game




Cross Game is a must read which I'm certain that most of you will enjoy, focused on baseball but still had romance in it, I totally loved it! The reason it made me cry was because one of the Tsukishima sisters and also the girl that the main character liked, died in one of the first chapters after telling him that she dreamt of him being the pitcher at Koshien Stadium and this encouraged the main character to take baseball seriously. I really wished for them two to go out but instead she died, and it was an accident too! Well I can't complain anymore because Cross Game has a good ending which makes up for the loss of  Tsukishima.


Wolf Guy


Wolf guy is another amazing manga which I randomly found and saved me from my "dark days" where I couldn't find any manga that would ignite that spark which resides in each reader and when ignited becomes a blazing fire that incites you to burn through the chapters one by one. Fortunately, in this manga there are no sad deaths that will make your eyes teary, but instead the frustration of seeing something bad happening without being able to do anything about it. 

The main character's teacher is captured by one of the students which turns out to be part of a yakuza family and then is thrown into a room, drugged and then raped by numerous many. As if it wasn't enough, the yakuza record these acts of debauchery and show it to the whole world, although the main character tries to rush and save the girl, he only gets there when she had already been sullied and having lost her mind to the drug, she opens her legs for him before knowing that it was her student. This was really sad and it really struck me hard, but don't worry guys! Our Wolf Guy beats up everyone and makes sure to humiliate them thoroughly and I also want to say that it's a good manga with badass protagonist.



Now we don't want you to start crying too T_T so I'll stop for now and ask King Aki the same question: what is the saddest anime to you? I think that we are all looking forward to your answer and hope to see a post about this topic soon and oh! Before I forget, I just finished reading Kingdom and now I feel like my life has no further meaning and I'm in great need for a new manga to read. If you know any good manga which I might of missed (I probably read most of the well known manga by now), please leave your recommendations below in the comments section.

Arigatō Mina-san!

No comments:

Post a Comment