Tuesday 18 March 2014

Scariest Manga I read

Mina-san!

I've been sick the past two days and was forced to bed, so I apologise for not being able to post anything recently, but now that I've regained my strengths, I'm ready to restart posting!

As my first post after recovery, I will write about a few manga that I pretty creepy and scary, of course they won't be anything like The Exorcist or Paranormal Activity, but they made these manga made me shiver at some points of the story.

1. Doubt & Judge



Doubt and Judge are two different manga with strong plot similarities because they've been made by the same author. In both manga, the main characters play a popular mobile phone game about a wolf disguised as a group of rabbits and hiding in their colony, every turn the players have to vote on a rabbit they think is the wolf and at the end, the rabbit with most votes is killed, if all rabbits are killed except of the disguised wolf, then the game ends. But what would happen if the game turns into reality?  Unpredictable events and unexpected plot twists are what make Doubt and Judge great horror manga. 

2. Uzumaki



Uzumaki has nothing to do with Naruto, it's a horror manga revolving around a town cursed by the spiral, the mysterious and hypnotic shape of the world. This manga is seriously scary! Like not because of monsters and other mystical creatures, but because what people do to each other and the way the spiral affects its victims. The artist has done a great job with the artwork, he has been able to perfectly create a city with a dark and horrendous atmosphere. This is a must read!

3. Fuan No Tane



I wanna start by saying that I regret reading this manga. Fuan No Tane is based on urban legends and it was really scary, although every story is about 5 or less pages, it gave me the creeps because it was somewhat not too unrealistic. It's kind of sad that manga with really scary stories can not actually make you scream of fear because they like surprise effects and virtual sounds to set in the mood. But Fuan No Tane was totally kuwoi!

This concludes my brief list of scary manga, I'm sure you guys know better because I haven't read many horror manga and these are the only few which could actually be considered as scary. If you know anymore feel free to post it in the comments section below and share your otaku expertise with us!

Sayonara Mina-san!

No comments:

Post a Comment